Health wellness and fitness may seem the same, but these concepts differ. Understanding the differences between health, wellness, and fitness is good.
Good health has to do with both our mental and physical health. Wellness is those things we do daily to ensure that we have mental and physical health. Fitness is those things we do to ensure that our physical body works at its optimal level.
Table of Contents
- What Is Good Health?
- What Is Wellness?
- What Is Fitness?
- Differences Between Health, Wellness, And Fitness
- Related Questions
What Is Good Health?
There’s a lot of talk about the word health, mainly what good health means; our healthcare systems exist to help people maintain their optimal health.
The Oxford Dictionary defines health in two ways:
Mental and physical health are probably the two most frequently discussed types of health. A person could be physically healthy, meaning they have no disease, but they could mentally not be healthy. A person could be mentally healthy and have some physical disease.
A person with good physical health is someone healthy. This means that they can do the daily things they need to do as their body can function.
Mental health is a person’s emotional, social, and psychological well-being. Today, mental health is perceived to be as important as physical health.
Good health means that you are both mentally and physically healthy.
What Is Wellness?
Wellness is about you actively working to have healthy habits daily that can help you have better physical and mental health. Wellness is about what you do to ensure that you have health for both physical and mental health.
Some things that would help your overall wellness include:
- Exercise – Even 20 to 30 minutes of daily exercise can positively impact your overall wellness. This can help to improve your physical health and also your mental health.
- Proper Nutrition – Proper nutrition can also help you with your physical health. You will look and feel better by getting and eating the right foods. That is why we recommend the low-carb or keto lifestyle as the optimal way of eating.
- Sleep – Proper sleep can help your medical and physical health. If you are constantly tired, you do not feel well and do not feel like doing the things you should be doing. Sleep is an essential aspect of your overall wellness and health.
- Social Connections -Wellness means connecting with friends and loved ones; studies found taking 10 minutes out of your day to connect with someone you love or have been thinking about is a great way to help with your mental wellness.
- Mindfulness And Meditation – Mindfulness and meditation can help both your body and your soul; they can help you with your overall wellness. Take a few minutes to consider your mind or take time to meditate, listen to a relaxing song, or do something to help your stress levels.
Wellness is something that you must do. You must take steps in your life to ensure that you have optimal physical and mental health.
Listen To Our Podcast About Differences Between Health, Wellness, And Fitness Explained by clicking here.
What Is Fitness?
Most people understand that fitness has to do with our bodies and how well our bodies can perform our daily tasks. The medical news today defines fitness as:
Fitness is a very important part of our overall health and well-being.
Our fitness is usually down to five different components of physical fitness, which include:
- Body Composition – Our body composition or our BMI or body mass index.
- Cardiovascular Or Cardiorespiratory Endurance – Cardiovascular endurance measures how long your body can sustain physical aerobic exercise. This also includes how much cardio-respiratory endurance you have.
- Flexibility – Your flexibility is your full range of motion for your muscles. It is the sit-and-reach test, and you extend your leg straightened in front of you and reach with both hands toward your toes.
- Muscular Endurance – Muscular endurance is how long your muscles can perform without rest. For example, how many sit-ups and push-ups can you do before your muscles become too tired.
- Muscular Strength – Muscular strength will measure your strength by the maximal force produced by a given muscle or muscle group. Things like weight training or training with heavier weights can help improve your muscular strength over time.
Differences Between Health, Wellness, And Fitness
There are very subtle differences between your health, wellness, and fitness. Your health has to do with your mental and physical health. Health has to do with how healthy you are today right now.
Your wellness is what we are doing to increase our overall mental and physical health. It is the daily actions you take to ensure that you are in optimal health.
Your fitness has to do with your physical body and the kinds and types of exercises you do for your health.
Even though these are all different concepts for our overall mental and physical health, they are all interlinked. Our mental and physical health is linked with our wellness, and what we do with our wellness links with our mental and physical health. And, of course, how we exercise can make a difference in our overall mental and physical health.
Even though they are not the same, we must be doing these things in our life to ensure that we have the mental and physical health we need and want. And we can do that through the choices we make daily.
Reluctant Low Carb Life explores all aspects of keto and low carb lifestyle, fitness, health, wellness, and aging gracefully. At the Reluctant Low Carb Life, we strive to give honest and accurate information from people trying to live the low carb and keto lifestyle while improving their fitness and health.
How Many Eggs Per Day Can Someone Eat On Keto Diet?
It has been recommended that on the keto diet, you should be eating six or more eggs. The amount will, of course, differ according to what each person likes or desires to eat. But you can eat quite a few eggs on the keto diet. The reason is that eggs are packed with many great nutrients with low carbs a high-quality protein.
You can read more about How Many Eggs Per Day Can Someone Eat On Keto Diet? by clicking here.
Being On A Keto Diet Without Exercising
You can lose weight on a keto diet without exercising, but there can be many added benefits if you add exercise to your keto diet. Being on a keto diet is about changing and improving your lifestyle for good, and adding exercise into this will help you change and improve your overall lifestyle.